Wednesday, March 30, 2011

American Idol Season 10 Top 11 My Opinion 3/30/11

So after last week's amazing Judge's save of Casey! Hope has been renewed for Casey but once again, there are going to be no more second chances as this week two eliminations will take the chance away from the contestants. They chose to do Elton John's famous songs so this is the chance to see who is going to make it to the top 9.

Ryan came out with a new haircut and nice button up suit jacket.

Scotty - Country Comfort
Wow, Scotty's photoshoot looked amazing. His Black suit look always looks good. He even did a little shout out to his Grandma. This was the perfect song he could have chosen. Guitar in hand and his low "Josh Turner" voice just makes this song seem like it was never sang by Elton John in the first place. Randy said he was so in the zone and so comfortable that he seemed as though he was watching Scotty at his own concert. Some people say they won't vote for him due to him not being one of the best but please do remember, he is 17, has a low sexy voice, and can make any song into a country song. That is hard enough as it is and he has yet to get a bad review. This blogger says, I WILL VOTE!!!


Naima - I'm Still Standing
Wow ok, she is going to turn it into a reggae song....WOW what a shocker?!?! NOT! I can't stand her versions of the songs she does. She seems like a wanna be Bob Marley. Some people in the audience stood up but when she asked them to stand, only the first couple rows stood up. Automatically all contestants get standing ovations after the end of the song. J. Lo said the same thing I said...not a good song to flip into a reggae version. It was cool but as Randy said, He loves reggae and it seems like it made the song kind of corny. Steven only said that she picked a song that fit her but her attitude towards the judges and their feeling about her singing seemed unappreciated. I beleive she will have the lowest votes and will be taken off tomorrow. Sorry but enough with the reggae versions sweety. Just for once, keep to an original!

Paul- Rocket Man
What a disaster again! I say again because Paul and his band did a cover of this song 5 years before and everyone hated it. Randy straight up looked like someone scratched a chalkboard with long nails. His voice is so tender and soft and doesn't seem to extend the notes but some songs he does needs to blow his voice out. His quiet comfort voice isn't always gonna make the girls coon but can you get away from the whispering and please start belting out some good songs?

Pia - Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me
SEXY!!!!!!!!!!! Not only is she sexy in that red dress but she is going to sing one of my favorite songs when I was a kid. Talk about goosebumps!!!! J. Lo was pretty much speechless. She made this song her own even thought yes it was another ballad but hey, its her type of music! Once again, I wouldn't doubt she is going to be in the top. This girl is really taking the cake but my question is, what will she sing next week that will not be a ballad? I mean please, make me get out of my seat and shake what my momma gave me!

Stefano - Tiny Dancer
After being in the bottom three, Stefano is going to have a difficult time getting everyone to vote for him during this hard song! Finally he opened his eyes and connected to the audience and I wasn't the only who noticed. He moved around, hit the high notes and even walked up to J. Lo to grab her hand as he called her his "Tiny Dancer" and even Randy stuck his hand out to grab it. Talk about a great moment. Even though he broke away from his usual routine, he did a great job on the song but didn't give me the goosebumps Pia gave me. Hopefully he won't be in the bottom this time!

Lauren - Candle in the Wind
This country girl did a wonderful take on this Elton John Billboard hit! It was a great pro version from her and the best performance she has done. All the judges loved it and it really makes her look amazing. She was pretty much speechless and the way she sings feels like she is taking on the challenge of being a future Carrie Underwood. She is gonna be such a hit even if she doesn't make it to the end.

James - Saturday Night's Alright
Fire, Fire, Fire!!! This was the best performance I have seen visually!!! He really worked the stage and sounded awesome! He started from the top of the rafters with the audience and decided to come down to the main stage. He walked past the judges and started walking among the crowd. He than ran to the stage again and jumped up on an opened piano that after he jumped down, got to his knees and it suddenly was engulfed in flames. J. Lo said he did a great performance by a great artist! She felt she was at a concert and not in the middle of a competition. Randy felt he was comfortable on stage with the fire, the crowd, and the singing.THE BEST!!!!!

Thia- Daniel
With the lights way down low, the ominous red glow with fog drowning the stage, Thia took on a song that she had to put more feeling into than any other song she has ever sang before on the Idol stage. It was a melodic song but it seems a little too safe for her. It was very good but overall I don't think she will get too far again. She sang this for her brother who had moved away when she was little. It felt very emotional but to me, this girl has more than what she is showing. I hope she will get enough votes to get one more chance but I won't hold my breathe.

Casey - Your Song
After the Judges save since he didn't get enough votes, I hope he can get enough this week with the great song! After a little make over, we can finally see Casey's true face. What a powerful song to sing and great performance from Casey! Randy said well done! I So agree and so does Steven. Steven even thinks of him as a true artist. J. Lo said she has lost sleep over sending people hope but she didn't lose sleep saving him. After asking him what he felt about being saved, he said he didn't take it too well and didn't seem like he was happy but he is happy now.

Jacob - Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word
What is with the stank and crying face?? I know that they said he is an over actor when singing but geez, can someone please tell him to calm it down? When he said he first heard it from Mary J. Blidge, I was like, "HUH?" Please tell me he did hear the original from Elton. The judges like it but Randy said he needs to get the one spot that makes him stand out! I just don't like him. Sorry. I still don't like his voice. Not my favorite and will never be. But this is my opinion.

Hailey - Bennie and the Jets
To me personally, it was just ok but hey she is good. I think this was a good song for her and it fit her voice. Randy thought it was the best performance of the night. I don't think so but hey, it's just my opinion. Steven thinks she sings sexy. She does have that raspy voice like Carley Simon and Janis Joplin. Even though Randy thought it was the best performance of the night, I still think James is the best all night topped with Pia.


These are my opinions and mine alone. Let me know what you think and tell me who your top 3 are from tonight.

Don't forget Tiao Cruz wants you to write a song that will be performed at the finale. http://www.americanidol.com/perfect_harmony/

Don't forget to listen to J. Lo's new song with Lil Wayne "I'm Into You"
http://afrobuzzcentral.com/2011/audio-jennifer-lopez-teases-new-single-feat-lil-wayne/

No comments:

Post a Comment